- Planning Software Study:
- Objective: To understand how quickly companies can implement demand and supply planning software from different vendors and how this speed impacts ROI and satisfaction.
- Highlight: Best-of-Breed solutions (including Logility and JDA) are quicker to implement with fewer issues on budget overruns. As a result, the ROI for stand alone Best-of-Breed solutions is higher.
- Survey Details: The research for this report was conducted from February 11 – June 10, 2014. It is based on an online survey among 87 Manufacturers, Retailers, Distributors and Third Party Logistics Providers who have demand and/or supply planning software and know the number of planning instances deployed.
- Network Design Technology Study:
- Objective: To understand current usage of supply chain network modeling and design technology.
- Highlight: Network design tools have been deployed the most frequently to evaluate physical flows like distribution facility footprint, but increasingly the products are being used to analyze logical flows in cost-to-serve, go-to-market strategies and flow-path analysis.
- Survey Details: The research for this report was conducted from May 7 – June 11, 2014. It is based on an online survey among 37 Manufacturers, Retailers, Distributors and Third-Party Logistics Providers who use supply chain network modeling and design technology.
Maximizing the ROI in Supply Chain Planning – Insights from Quantitative Studies – 24 JUN 2014 from Lora Cecere
- Full Report (PDF) – click here
View more documents from Lora Cecere and Supply Chain Insights